With the dog days of summer upon us a refreshing salad for dinner may be exactly what you had in mind. Our ahi tuna salad fits this bill perfectly; it’s light with the bright flavors of radishes, mandarin oranges and banana chips. The balsamic glaze adds a deep savor richness that beautifully compliments the ahi tuna. The chow mein noodles deliver the perfect crunchy bite.
If you’ve never tried cooking tuna don’t be afraid to try our ahi tuna salad because you’re a novice cook we promise with the Kitchen Charm Cookware it’s really easy. Jump in, take the plunge and savor the accomplishment of preparing this beautiful and tasty salad.
- 4 Tsp Red onion, minced
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 Cup Lime juice
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro minced
- 4 Tsp Honey
- 4 Tsp Olive oil
- 1/4 Cup Radish sliced
- 1 TBL Green onions, cut into fine strips for garnish
- 1 Cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) ahi Tuna fillet
- 1/2 Cup Black sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Bag mixed salad greens
- 1/2 Cup Banana Chips
- 1 Cup Mandarin orange sections, you can use canned just drain the juice off
- 1/2 Cup Chow mein noodles
- In a small mixing bowl add onion, salt, pepper and lime juice; combine well. Stir in cilantro, honey and olive oil. Mix and set in refrigerator.
- In a 1.5 quart Kitchen Charm sauce pan add balsamic vinegar and cook on medium high temperature for 4 minutes or until it starts boiling. Reduce temperature to medium and keep cooking for 5 minutes or until vinegar is reduced and turns into syrup.
- Season ahi fillet with salt, pepper and sesame seeds.
- Preheat skillet with the 1/2 cup of oil on medium heat for 4 minutes. Add Ahi fillet and cook for 8 seconds per side. Using tongs brown fillet edges for 8 seconds on each side. Refrigerate for 6 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl add salad mix, banana chips, mandarin oranges, radish and the dressing; mix well.
- With the fillet knife, slice tuna.
- Add salad mixture to plates, top with sliced ahi tuna, drizzle with balsamic syrup; sprinkle with chow mein noodles and green onions.