- 4-quart Dutch Oven with Cover
- Slotted Spoon
- 2-quart Mixing Bowl
- Chef’s Knife
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 12 large eggs
- ¼ cup onion, small diced
- ¼ cup ham, small diced
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- ½ cup low-fat mayo
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup black olives, cut in half (bodies and legs)
- ¼ cup chives, cut in ½ inch spears (antennas)
In the 4-quart Dutch Oven, add 8 cups of water and the white vinegar; cover with valve open and boil at high heat. When valve whistles (about 6 minutes), turn heat to medium and place the eggs using the Slotted Spoon. Cover, close the valve and cook for 12 minutes. Remove and let them cool. Peel the eggs and with the Chef’s Knife, cut in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and reserve.
With the same knife, cut the remaining ingredients according to directions.
In the 2-quart Mixing Bowl, combine the reserved yolks with all the ingredients; mix well until smooth. Fill each half cooked egg white with the mixture and garnish with black olive and chives to look like spiders.